Before you read this, I want you to know that I love you more than words can define and I’m here for you no matter what!
We’ve been friends for as long as I can remember. We’ve seen each other’s ugly morning faces and torn pajamas. I’ve seen you laugh so hard that you fell off the chair holding your stomach and you’ve seen me at my ugliest when I cried. So, it’s safe to say that we’ve been the best of friends. We have cared more for each other than we have for anybody else. But recently, things changed.
A few months ago, you came and told me about this guy you thought was extremely cute. Days passed as you fell harder for him. And then finally, you told me he asked you out. I had never seen you like this before. So crazy, so silly, so naïve and so in love! But I have to tell you!
Even though you and your boyfriend are most people’s OTP, there are certain things that make me hate him. So please, hear me out before you think of me in any other light.
- You don’t know how flirty he gets when you’re not around. And please do not give me the excuse that he is ‘outgoing’. This behavior is far from being politely social.
- I’ve seen and heard him talk to other women on the phone so romantically it’s almost as if he doesn’t even know you, forget dating you!
- When we’ve all gone out together for a party night, have you wondered why he offers to get us the drinks and why he takes AGES to get back? He’s not just getting himself a drink, if you know what I mean!
- When he introduced us to his best friend, she seemed a little too friendly to be just a friend. I’m going to keep aside the fact that he gets a crazy sugar high when she’s around.
- You may ignore it all you want but I know how he says he hates Public Displays of Affection and excuses not even holding your hand in public.
- His other male friends usually have a sly smile on their faces every time he tells you, ‘I love you’ in front of them. It’s almost as if they know something you don’t!
- And lastly, I cannot count the number of times he has tried hitting on me in your absence. You know there’s a certain appropriate way if all he’s giving are decent, innocent compliments!
I love you and it kills me to see you in this one-sided relationship. It kills me to see how blindsided his love has made you. So, darling, please free yourself of this muck for I know what you deserve and it’s nothing like this!
Your slightly worried best friend!